October 30, 2021 – January 15, 2023
– Royal History, Manga Style
In the exhibition Manga Royals, the manga collective Nosebleed Studio draws inspiration from Swedish kings and queens to create adventurous and imaginative images in the style of Japanese comic books. With the emphasis on costume fashions of the very highest class, we are introduced to our Swedish kings, queens and princesses as we have never seen them before.
Played out here are weddings, naval battles and card-playing soirees. In this fantasy-filled exhibition, nine royal costumes from the Royal Armoury are presented side by side with as many large-format manga drawings by Nosebleed Studio.
Admission to the exhibition is free of charge and no ticket is required.
The following artists from Nosebleed Studio contribute drawings to the exhibition:
- Felix Östergård: Oscar I’s coronation
- Joakim Waller: Queen Sofia as an adult and duke Karl
- Linn Olsson: Queen Sofia in her youth with Tsar Alexander
- Magnolia Winroth: Karl X Gustav and Gustav III
- Natalia Batista: Crown Princess Victoria and playing-card dress