Magical holiday break in The Royal Armoury
Come and discover sparkling royal carriages, shimmering armor, and historical costumes and objects. Join us for an exciting tour through the majestic castle vaults and get closer to the Swedish royal history from Gustav Vasa to the present day. Don't miss the exhibitions on Gustav III's theatrical life or the family exhibition on the mysterious unicorn.
Guided Tours in the Museum (in Swedish)
Take the opportunity to explore the museum's exciting exhibitions and royal objects. We offer guided tours for adults in the in the Exhibition of Sweden’s royal history and in the exhibition The Theater King. The guided tours are held in Swedish.
Tour Times (December 23 - January 7)
- 12:00: Tour in the Exhibition of Sweden’s royal history
- 13.00: Family tour in the Exhibition of Sweden’s royal history
- 14.00: Tour in the Theater King exhibition
Tickets for Tours
The tours are included in the entrance ticket and do not need to be booked in advance.
Christmas quiz! Can you crack our Christmas nuts? (in Swedish)
What is it about Santa's outfit? And who might have inspired Mrs. Claus to sew decorative designs? Can you master our Christmas quiz? The quiz will guide you around the museum, where you can uncover the answers to our tricky questions and explore the museum together with the whole family.
You can find the quiz in our museum shop from December 22nd to January 6th.
Where is the Palace Mouse?
The Palace Mouse has lived in the palace cellar for several hundred years and has a secret casket filled with fun things. With the help of the casket, the whole family can playfully explore the Royal Armoury.
Borrow at the museum
Ask for the Palace Mouse at the counter in the museum shop.
Suitable for children aged 4-8.
Opening hours during Christmas and New Year
Closed on Christmas and New Year
- Christmas Eve, December 24th
- Christmas Day December 25th
- Boxing Day, December 26th
- New Year's Eve, December 31st
- New Year's Day, January 1st 2024
Admissions and tickets
- Regular admission: SEK 150 (also includes retirees and students)
- Children and youth aged 0-18: Free admission
- Individuals escorting visitors with accessibility needs have free admission.
Plan your visit
- Wardrobe: Next to the museum shop, there is a wardrobe and lockers.
- Food & beverages: It is not allowed to bring food and drinks into the museum.
- Stroller: Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring strollers into the museum. There is an option to park and secure strollers outside of the museum.
All public spaces are wheelchair accessible, and it's possible to borrow a wheelchair on-site. We continuously strive to improve our accessibility to make it easy to visit us, both in person and digitally.